Haptic reference system with 9 descriptors and 45 samples
Would you like more information?
The TouchFeel-Box makes it possible – within the scope of quality assurance of materials – to check the tactile properties of the surface.
From an objective point of view, this surface must not only meet certain safety standards, but must also subjectively evoke a special haptic perception.
The purchase decision of a product depends not only on the technical objective aspects, but also on the subjective perception.
If a surface does not trigger a positive or expected sensation while touching, this leads to irritation. This deviation is also called cognitive dissonance.
With the help of the TouchFeel-Box, the touch feeling can be broken down into different impressions and assigned to haptic descriptors. The relevance of the haptic descriptors has been determined by numerous studies.
The TouchFeel-Box provides feedback to objective and subjective tactile properties of a surface. Product managers have the possibility to positively influence the objective quality and the perceived quality of a product before series production and thus avoid cognitive dissonances that can lead to negative feedback from customers.
- ›Shorter development times
- ›Increase of objective product quality
- ›Optimization of subjective product quality
- Evaluation of the objective tactile properties of a surface, e.g. in the context of quality assurance
- Evaluation of the subjective tactile properties of a surface, e.g. in the context of marketing decisions
- Determination of a haptic fingerprint for better comparability